On thursday 9 October 2014, the 1st All Partners Workshop G4INDO took place. The venue was the Lor In Hotel, Sentul, Bogor, Indonesia. The workshop brought together all partners of the G4INDO project.
The G4INDO project is designed to assist the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of Indonesia, with the implementation of its crop insurance policy. The project formally started on 15 September 2014 and has a duration of 3 years. The 1st All Partners Workshop marked the start of the implementation of the project. Have a look at the Agenda of this Workshop (pdf).
During the one day meeting, the partners in the project presented their past experiences, present activities, as well as their expectations regarding the G4INDO project. Agreements were made with regard to the activities to be organised in Year 1 of the project.
- G4INDO project introduction, Aart Schrevel, Alterra Wageningen UR
- A dynamic cropping calendar for Indonesia, Ronald Vernimmen, Deltares
- Rencana uji Coba Implemenentasi Asuransi Pertanian 2015, Mulyadi Hendiawan, Direktur Pembiayaan, Ditjen Prasarana dan Sarana Pertanian
- National Rice Crop Insurance
- BMKG Contribution For G4INDO, Dra. Nurhayati, MSc Center for Climate, Agro- and Marine-Climate, BMKG
- Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture, Laura Johnson
- PT Asuransi Jasa Indonesia (PERSERO)
- G4INDO project, Satellite Monitoring Component, Niels Wielaard, Dirk Hoekman, Eric van Valkengoed, Sarvision and others
- Rice Crop Insurance Implementation in Indonesia, Sahat M. Pasaribu, Agricultural Insurance Working Group and Agricultural Economist at the Indonesian Center for Agro-Socioeconomic and Policy Studies/ ICASEPS, Ministry of Agriculture
Read the report (pdf)